Who We Are
The Engine is more than an integrated creative agency. We’re more than the sum of our parts. We’re a tribe of creators and strategists, builders and collaborators, learners and students. Over the past eight years we have built a reputation of collaborating with our clients to push the boundaries and create inspiring work.
We believe the best work comes from an empowered and independent team, free to drive their projects in their own way. We push ourselves to refine processes that bring transparent predictability. We trust each other - knowing each of us is talented, honest, and dedicated. We believe life outside of the studio is a deep source of inspiration, rest, and drive.
Front-end developers at The Engine is Red build more than just comps: they dream with the creative team, solve fresh problems, and paint webpages with elegant, clean code. An Engine front-end draws inspiration from graphic designers to create sites that are bold, energetic, modular and moldable. The Engine is Red builds sites that last.
You're the Best at:
- Building web pages from Photoshop or Illustrator files
- Writing code that is modular & reusable
- Navigating the structure of one or more Content Management System platforms such as; Drupal, Craft CMS, Shopify
Also Known for:
- Knowledge of templating languages such as Twig or Liquid Templates
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Proficient with at least one server side programming language such as PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge of build tools like Gulp or Grunt
- Collaborate with creative and client teams to produce web and native projects
- Recommend project process, approach, and timeline
- Establish a solution-focused line of communication for project progress, opportunities, and challenges
- Build beautiful websites
This a freelance position. Remote workers are welcome. A mastery of spoken and written English is required for this position.
To Apply for this role submit a summary of your best work (or links to a Git or Stack Exchange) to: email@example.com Applicants that do not provide work samples will not be considered for this role.
Please use the email subject: Freelance Front-end Developer