Who We Are
The Engine is more than an integrated creative agency. We’re more than the sum of our parts. We’re a tribe of creators and strategists, builders and collaborators, learners and students. Over the past eight years we have built a reputation of collaborating with our clients to push the boundaries and create inspiring work.
We believe the best work comes from an empowered and independent team, free to drive their projects in their own way. We push ourselves to refine processes that bring transparent predictability. We trust each other - knowing each of us is talented, honest, and dedicated. We believe life outside of the studio is a deep source of inspiration, rest, and drive.
You’ll have the thrill of finding, and later remixing, smart solutions to interesting problems on a daily basis. You’ll be able to write and maintainable testable code.
You're the Best at:
- Browser Compatibility Testing
- UNIX command line interface
- At least one server-side programming language such as; PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Working with RESTful APIs
- Developing in one or more Content Management System platforms such as Drupal, Craft CMS, Shopify
Also Known for:
- Proficient with web frameworks like: Ruby on Rails or Django
- BA/BS in computer science
- Experience creating automated test suites
- Collaborate with creative and client teams to produce advanced web and native projects
- Recommend project process, approach, and timeline
- Establish a solution-focused line of communication for project progress, opportunities, and challenges
This a freelance position. Remote workers are welcome. A mastery of spoken and written English is required for this position.
To Apply for this role submit a summary of your best work (or links to a Git or Stack Exchange) to: email@example.com Applicants that do not provide work samples will not be considered for this role.
Please use the email subject: Freelance Backend Developer